Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Tennessy Willems

With a blizzard on the forecast (which didn't really materalize but oh well), we decided to play it safe on the weekend and stay in the area. However, we didn't want to be cooped up so we made a reservation at Tennessy Willems, a Wood Oven pizza place almost right down the street.

Considering how close the restaurant is to our house its kindof amazing we haven''t been here since we moved into Hintonburg.I think our reluctance was a combination of remembering a negative experience we had here five years ago, combined with the fact that we weren't sure Margot would appreciate a hipster pizza joint like this.

"Come join us, my friends!"
Luckily, our fears were unfounded. We each enjoyed our meals (Margot - spaghetti bolognese, Glosette Girl - margherita pizza, me - marinara pizza) and especially loved the dessert, a lemon tart, which we shared.

Large but suprisingly light
The atmosphere was hipster, but family-friendly hipster,  with at least one other family being present. Although there wasn't a kids menu, there was enough options on the menu for Margot to find something she linked so I didn't feel out of place bringing Margot there. Truth be told, I think Margot has reached the age where she can go to many restaurants and other places that we were previously reluctant to take her. I wouldn't yet take her to a "fancy" restaurant, but I definitely think she's graduated from soulless chain place to cool/funky experience. In the past, I think Glosette Girl and I were a little quick on the draw when it comes to making assumptions about what she enjoys.

No comments:

Post a Comment