Friday, May 18, 2018

Tooth and Nail Brewing Company

Let's be honest, there are annoying things about every generation. Take Millennials for example. Their narcissistic obsession with selfies and the faux social media protesting can be pretty tiresome.

But on the flip side, their taste in beer is pretty awesome. I don't know if Millennials are driving the craft brew industry but it certainty seems that the current crop of twenty somethings has inspired an explosion of craft brew pubs in Ottawa.

The closest craft brewery to my house is the Tooth and Nail Brewing Company. You can buy beers to go in the store or chill out in the brew pub. I've been to the pub a few times since I moved to Hintonburg and it hasn't disappointed. Their menu is sparse but the atmosphere is great (think long rustic wooden tables and edison bulbs [which is almost becoming a cliche at this point but it works here]), nice waiting staff and a great selection of beers with varying degrees of hoppy-ness.

My most recent visit was with the Hintonburg Dad's club.

Serious.

It's not really a club...more like a random gathering of dudes who all happen to have kids and live in the area. A local dad found out my email address, added me to the list and now every month or two I meet up with a bunch of guys for a beer or two to discuss Hintonburg-type-stuff.


What do we talk about you ask? Are you from Hintonburg? No? Then you wouldn't understand.

Haha just kidding. Anyways, it's an interesting way to meet new people in the area... over a cold craft  beer. For some reason I can't picture myself doing this with a Bud Light. So thank you Millenials. Thank you for helping me to come out of my shell and share your awesome taste in beers!

2 comments:

  1. We have several new craft breweries opening up in Beziers, making fantastic beer. And many more in the region generally. It's big in Britain too. Increasingly I'd go for a good beer rather than a nice wine. Call me British, but I love beer!

    I take slight issue with giving all the credit to the millenials for this beer extravaganza. Our generation is as much in love with craft beer as the millenials(and has greater spending power for something that is often quite expensive!) At least this side of the pond at any rate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beer is great but when you have 3 euro bottles of wine in France I have to say that is a tough choice!

    ReplyDelete