Thursday, September 13, 2018

My Life in Schedules

Maybe it's just me, but I find these days I need to schedule everything if I'm going to get anything done. I was always pretty organized but I've taken things to a whole new level as I approach middle age.

Here are some of the things I schedule in my life:
  • French practice: 15 minutes per day/6 days a week ("Bonjour monsieur! J'aime ta moustache!")
  • Piano practice:15 minutes per day every other day. I used to do this every day but I have decided to dial it back slightly - a boy's gotta relax once in awhile!
  • Gym/jogging - minimum of two but hopefully three times per week. Just call me Mr. Muscles.
  • Take Margot to church: once per month.  A slice of spirituality with a side order of optimism.
  • Haircut - once every five weeks (which is probably pretty slovenly compared to some of the hipsters around here who always seem to have perfectly coiffed hair)
  • Writing a blog post - once a week. Gotta give my fans their Tough Cookie: Hintonburg Style fix ;)
  • Hike with family - once per month except for the summer months of June-August (too hot). If you're curious about some of the hikes I've done check out this cool website.
That's just my activities. I didn't mention Margot's activities, work-related obligations, the day-to-day grind of chores, cooking and shopping. Plus I have to budget some time for "date nights" with Glosette Girl (ooh la la!)

It's kindof anal when I lay all everything I schedule in my life on one page like that. But honestly, I don't see anything changing anytime soon. If anything, it'll probably get worse! I just feel that at this stage in my life planning my life just helps me make time for all the things I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment