Friday, September 7, 2018

Day 129: All Done!

On day zero I huffed and puffed and used my muscle to get rid my old appliances out of the house.

On day twenty eight I gulped and pulled my hair out as my contractor explained to me just how many "old house problems" my kitchen had. Instead of tearing stuff down my contractor had to build scaffolding up just to prevent the ceiling from collapsing over my head!

On day fifty seven I basked in all the light pouring into my kitchen space and admired the new bones (a.k.a joists) that had been put in. I gritted my teeth with Glosette Girl and tried to avoid fighting too much due to all the stress from eating off of paper plates and relying on a mini "beer" fridge to keep our groceries cool.

On days fifty eight through one hundred and twenty eight I lived my simple little life here in Hintonburg, went on vacation hoping it would all be over, came back to realize that was wishful thinking and continued plodding along.

And, today, day one hundred and twenty nine of my reno, I can finally say that my kitchen reno is over!

We went from this:





(Oh and by the way - we realized today that we forgot to take a "before" photo of the kitchen so you'll have to use your imagination a bit based on these old snaps!)

To this:




Not too shabby if I do say so myself. Shameless plug and shout out to our contractor Chris at M3D Renovations. Thanks for all the hard work! Enjoy the tequila - you earned it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment