Sunday, February 17, 2019

Special Grapes

I've tried to cultivate a certain tone to this blog. I'm not sure what that tone is exactly....maybe peppy, fun, with a dash of hipster smart aleck? I'm not sure. But overall I'd say it's pretty positive. But sometimes something bad happens that no amount of gloss can cover up.  It's hard to know what to do in those circumstances. Hide? Cry? Scream?

It's been only one day since my family was hit with some pretty hard news and we're still recovering. Because I'm powerless to fix the problem I feel like my job right now is to maintain a semblance of normalcy by playing with Margot and distracting her from of the sadness around her (to be honest, kids bounce back from things much better than adults so I would say she is doing a good job of taking care of us too). One of ways I tried to distract Margot is by taking her skating on the Rideau Canal. That worked really well actually and Margot had lots of fun skating amongst the thousands of people on the ice.

As for me, I have to admit that while I was skating I was jealous and a bit angry at the people around me. "Why do they get to be happy?", I thought.  It felt just so unfair. Today though, I heard something from the Minister at my church that really spoke to me. He mentioned that when he looks out into the audience he sees so many people touched by life's tougher moments. And that's when those who are able to, like me, need to step up and be there for those who need a bit more.

So that's what I'm going to do right now. Be here for Glosette Girl. Listen.  And not forget the special combination of:
  • Generous
  • Dependable; and
  • Grapes
that brought so much good to the world through the actions of one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment