Thursday, July 4, 2019

Goodwood Creek

Little random adventures sometimes creep up on me when I least expect them. This past week, while visiting my family in Newmarket, Ontario, I made a short detour to the nearby village of Goodwood.

Why you ask? Because Goodwood is the location where the TV show Schitt's Creek is filmed! Notwithstanding its annoying name, Schitt's Creek is a hidden gem of a TV show that does a great job of showcasing how people can be both progressive and thoughtful despite their  narcissism and foolishness. But beyond all that it's just plain funny.

So it was really fun to learn last week that the town of Goodwood is only 25 minutes from my parents' house! Not really knowing what we would find, Glosette Girl, Margot and I did a drive-by tourist visit and were delighted (well, Margot was probably indifferent but 2 out of 3 ain't bad) to see many of the buildings shown on the show. We snapped three of them, including:

Cafe Tropical!
Rose's Apothecary
And....

The Town Hall! See we really were there!
Woohoo! Location scouting, Canadian style!

No comments:

Post a Comment