Wednesday, March 24, 2021

The Royal Treatment

It's so kooky around here!

One day it seems the sky is falling with talk of "variants" overwhelming our hospital network and the next, the sun is shining and throng of people are out enjoying the beautiful weather. The past few days have been particularly crazy - I think it's been consistently above 10 degrees Celsius since last Friday, and on the weekend it hit 17! Tomorrow (Thursday) is forecast for 19!

I don't think I've ever seen it this warm in Ottawa in March. If you can believe it, patio season used to be May to Thanksgiving in October. I'll be laughing about that one with my grandkids because now, with all the warm weather, patios are opening up all along Wellington street already. 

Technically, you can eat inside right now but a lot of people aren't comfortable with that given that Ottawa is in a "red" zone in Ontario's pandemic safety scale. I'm relatively open minded when it comes to dining indoors or out, but as soon as I saw that sun, I knew I had to take advantage. 

Here is Glosette Girl and I enjoying our first patio brewskis of the year at The Royal Oak in nearby Wellington West. I'll be honest, The Royal Oak is a so-so bar at best. Everything about the is unmemorable. However, it looks like they've decided to up their game as they finally have added some (maybe one) craft brew to their beer menu. So there's hope for them yet!

Happy Glosette Girl

 Better yet, we had super friendly service and the patio had everything I could ask for (i.e. a place in the sun with a cold beer).

Happy Simon

So hats off to The Royal Oak for starting 2021 off on the right note. May Ottawa's patio season be long and plentiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment