Wednesday, March 3, 2021

March Vegetarian Challenge

For years Glosette Girl has been trying to get me to be more vegetarian. And for years, in response, I say "Leave me alone while I eat my burgers and sausages!"

Actually, for the most part, we already eat a lot of vegetarian meals. A lot of my breakfasts and lunches are veggie-only and usually one or two dinners too. 

But this time we've decided to take it up to the next level: for the entire month of March we are going all in and only eating no meat! Woohoo!

OK, there are a couple of exceptions:

  • First, we're allowed to finish off any meat left in our fridge so it doesn't go bad. I hate wasting food and there is an open pack of bacon waiting to be eaten. I will do the honourable thing and eat it all up this weekend. 
  • Second, Margot is allowed a tiny bit of leeway because...well....she's a kid. That said, she recently went to Suzy Q Donuts, and of all things she ordered a Maple Bacon donut of all things. I didn't even know they made donuts with BACON on them?! Sigh. Anyways, I'll excuse the lapse of judgement...this time.

At first we debated whether to have an exception for take-out, but no we've decided to go all in. So today we ordered a Green Pepper pizza from Carlo's Pizzeria in Wellington West. That joint is a real hole-in-the-wall believe-you-me! But man, do they make a good Green Pepper pizza! 

Carlos' throws in free pop too!

And they throw in 10% off if you phone in an order rather than order it online?! Nice.

Anyways, besides a few bacon hiccups, we're doing a pretty good job so far on our veggie-inspired journey. The big challenge will be coming up with new recipes to make things interesting. Luckily, our whole gang likes tofu.

That said...it's only March 3rd...only 28 more days to go....

 AHHHH!

1 comment:

  1. How did it go? We did a dry March... though we allowed ourselves a green beer on St. Patrick’s day :)

    ReplyDelete