Monday, May 24, 2021

51% of the way

Last Thursday I finally had my shot (haha) to get on the vaccine bandwagon.

At 6:50 pm, Glosette girl and I arrived at our scheduled appointment. We sat in our car until the PA system called for people in our group to come up.

After being called into a large vaccine distribution centre at the Nepean curling rink, we dutifully waited in line. 

It was pretty empty as I think we were close to the end of the day

We were eventually ushered into a cubicle where we waited for our shots. To tell you the truth, it was a bit nerve wracking, but having Glosette Girl with me was nice. Most people were there by themselves.

Waiting was a bit tense

Finally, around 7:15 pm we received our shots. We had to wait 15 minutes afterwards to make sure we didn't have any side effects. 

Muscle girl

Muscle man

Fortunately it was all smooth sailing. We are now on our way to vaccine freedom! I think the news announced that around the time received our shots just over 50% of Ottawa's adults over the age of 18 had received their shots as well. Maybe we pushed Ottawa over the 50% line!

C'mon Ottawa, we can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment