Monday, May 17, 2021

A Hidden Oasis

Right by Dow's Lake, I recently discovered a hidden oasis that I never knew existed even though it's hardly more than a 5 minute drive from my house: a huge field filled to the brim with dandelions!

It's all ours!

When I visited with Margot and Glosette Girl, despite it being a beautiful day, it was almost completely  empty. I think what makes the area so secluded is that it's surrounded on all sides by trees and less obvious than the arboretum, or Commissioner's Park where throngs of people come to stroll and see all the tulips at this time of year.

It may not be fancy (some people think of dandelions as weeds) but for our gang, it was perfect! Who wouldn't want a big open flower-filled field to run around on a warm spring evening?

Wait a minute...who is taking this photograph...

Sadly, I think this area is slated for development in the next couple of years. But I'm glad I had an opportunity to enjoy this spot before it vanishes. Ottawa is a great city for green spaces, but I'm always happy when I discover a new spot that I've never visited before.

...ah, there's the culprit!

No comments:

Post a Comment