Monday, January 29, 2018

Number One Chinese Restaurant

Sometimes the best feeling in the world after a hard day is to come home...and not cook.

There is something about eating something that you have put zero work into preparing that is so...relaxing! Sometimes that means going out to a restaurant and sometimes that means grabbing some take out. When Glosette Girl and I lived in England (15 years ago!) that usually meant ordering in some Indian food. Mmmm Indian food. Around here, the default go-to options are pizza or Chinese.

This past weekend we decided to hit up Number One Chinese Take Out, which is the closest Chinese restaurant to our house and the only one within walking distance.

It hits the right notes.

Efficient sign that tells me all I need to know: check.
 
I now know they are number one. And they are Chinese. And they have take out.
Lots of North Americanized Chinese Food: check (I have a guilty pleasure for this stuff by the way. Some day I will go to China and taste real Chinese food...but today is not that day). I'm talking your Chicken balls. Your egg rolls. Your chicken fried rice. Your Almond Guy Ding. Your spare ribs. Show me a China take out restaurant in Canada and I'll show you a combo platter with those five dishes.


All Chinese take out places in Canada serve chicken balls in the same rectangular red box
And you have to love their fortune cookies.

Our fortunes:
  • Me:  A great opportunity is coming (yay me!).
  • Glosette Girl: (she can't remember but lets assume it also involves a great opportunity).
  • Margot: You are adorable. Take advantage of this. (seriously)
Overall: it won't win any culinary awards but it "hits the spot".



p.s special tip: their online prices are higher than their in-store prices. So make sure you call ahead instead of ordering through one of the various take out delivery websites/apps that are so popular these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment