Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Air Millenial

My job can be pretty intense sometime. But once in awhile a little adventure will happen that is kindof cool! This past week I had an opportunity to hop on a 6-seater plane because I had to travel to a little-used airport in St Catherines, Ontario.

The airport "lounge" for the airline I took, FlyGTA, was pretty funny: it was basically a shed next to a parking lot. All the pilots and crew seemed to be in their mid twenties. I kept wanting to ask them to show me their ID.

Me and my chariot
The airport we landed in was tiny. It's the first time I've ever been to an airport with literally no staff - just the ones who flew in with us on the plane! There was no baggage check, security or anything else. Just us.

But the best part was the flight back to Toronto (where I had to transit through in order to get back to Ottawa). The twenty-something crew flew in really close to the CN tower and then banked pretty hard to avoid hitting the tower! OK I'm exaggerating a little :) The ride was actually pretty smooth. Props to FlyGTA (pun intended).

Hard Left!
Definitely an unexpected but fun mid-week adventure. Just another day at the office!

1 comment:

  1. That looks kind of terrifying! I'm going to avoid meetings in Niagara...

    ReplyDelete