Thursday, November 1, 2018

Lil Mac's

Margot isn't a super picky eater but I'm not at the stage where I can take her to a fancy restaurant and feel good about it. Hell - I feel guilty even when Glosette Girl and I go out sometimes when I think about how much other stuff I could buy for the price of a fancy meal!

So we're still pretty selective about restaurants we take her to. Cheesy-but-fun-suburban-bar-and-grill is more our thing for the most part.

This past week we tried something a bit more adventurous: Little Mac's, a little hole-in-the-wall down the street. It's a diner - but a diner with an edge.

 
There was ultra cool music playing in the restaurant when we arrived (the kindof music that makes you cooler just by being in its presence). So that was a good start. Also, the food selection was very Margot friendly (lots of fried food) but with a twist.  I had a big plate of of fries, waffles, gravy and chicken. I think the whole waffle/chicken combo is an American thing. I've never had it before. It was...interesting...but I'm not sure I'm sold on waffles for dinner just yet!

My big plate of waffles and ribs is looking at Glosette Girl
As for Glosette Girl and Margot, while they loved their meals, a portobello mushroom burger for Glosette Girl and chicken and fries for Margot respectively.

So if you're looking for something different than your standard McDo's and you're in the area check it out. Just a heads up though: there is no insulation in the walls. So if you go in the late fall or winter - bring your coat!

No comments:

Post a Comment