Monday, December 17, 2018

Christmas Tiggly Winkles

It's here: the last week before Christmas!

This time of year is always a bit hectic due to all the parties, events and shopping going on. It can be fun but also a bit overwhelming. Breathe! Breathe!

Fortunately, Glosette Girl and I don't have to do any last minute Christmas shopping. Our last stop, last week, was to the local toy store, Mrs. Tiggy Winkle's where we picked up some gifts for my nieces and nephews.


Mrs. Tiggy Winkle's, like most brick-and-mortar stores is usually more expensive than online competitors like Amazon. But there is something magical about going into a toy store at Christmas time, what with all the knick knacks and doo dabs buzzing about. You literally breathe in joy! I'm willing to pay a little bit more for that experience.

Full disclosure: I did a large portion of my shopping at "big box" stores like Walmart or via online shopping, but I'm glad I was also able to support a local business (extra bonus - what we we were looking for was on sale at Mrs. Tiggy Winkle's so I scored on the money side too!).

Amazingly, Margot didn't ask for anything for herself on this visit and she remained focused on our goal of picking out gifts for her cousins.  It was cute to see her burrow her forehead in concentration as she thought about what Calico Critter or Beanie Boo (we call them "Big Eye") stuffie will make her cousins happy the most - you can't take these things lightly!

I really do like these moments when she thinks about other people first. She can be a hell raisin' son-of-a-gun (wait, that means I'm the "gun") so it's nice to see that in these literal kid-in-a-candy-store moments, her less selfish side comes out. One more point for getting on the "good list"!

No comments:

Post a Comment