Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Go Sens Go!

I'm not really a sports guy. It's not that I don't like sports - I love World Cup soccer, for example. It's just that I have a hard time justifying spending $150 (at least) to go see guys chase a ball or puck or whatever around a field for a few hours when there are so many other things I could spend my money on.

This past weekend though, my employer threw me some premium hockey tickets in recognition of some hard work I've been doing. At first I wasn't going to go but when I saw how good the tickets were I couldn't pass them up. I called up my friend "Big D" and off we went to my first NHL hockey game in ...7 1/2 years.

 

How do I know it's been 7 1/2 years? Because amazingly the last time I went to see a hockey game I blogged about it. And who do you think was my guest at that game? You guessed it: Big D!

Me and D circa 2011
Me and D today! Except for a few "Dad" wrinkles I don't think we look too shabby!
Anyways, this time it was the Ottawa Senators versus the Boston Bruins in a high stakes game for the ages! Well...not really. Both of these teams kindof, well, hmmm how shall I say this politely....stink like wet dogs. It was also a low scoring game (2 to 1 for the Bruins) and there wasn't too much excitement overall.

Ottawa is a tough market for sports. It's full of Government employees who aren't really prone to lavishing money on luxuries like hockey. And living where I live (in the city) it just isn't that easy to make my way out to the 'burbs where the Sens play (thank you D, for driving this time). So it'll take some convincing for me to get out there again.

Still, it was fun. We scored $1 hot dogs before the game (and washed them down with $14 beer) And unlike last time when, we sat in the nosebleed section of the stadium, this time we were only 15 rows from the front. So maybe I won't wait 7 1/2 years for the next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment