Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Magic Bus Number 14

I used to take the bus all the time when I lived in Quebec and commuted to work. Nowadays? Not so much. Now that I live in Hintonburg, I mostly walk or, infrequently, drive, to get around.

Sunday was a rare exception when I didn't do either of those things. Due to some pretty treacherous roads after the latest snowfall, Margot, Glosette Girl, and I decided to hop on the bus and head to the Canadian Museum of Nature for a quick visit. Fun fact: this is the first time all three of us have taken a bus together...ever!

The Number 14 bus is the bus line that goes through these parts. It runs straight up Gladstone avenue, which is by our house. The stop is just a few metres away, so it's pretty convenient.

Waiting for Godot
This will make me sound like a crotchety old man but things sure ain't how they used to be. Actually, in this case, they are better! Remember waiting at a bus stop and wondering when the bus was coming? No more my friends, no more. The age of smart phones apps means you can see where your bus is on a map! Yes! Thank you 2007 technology :)

Your chariot, good sir.
Anyways, it was a good experience. We got to the museum in 12 minutes - not too shabby. The best part was not having to look for parking, which is always scarce in that area. The bus driver even took pity at our snowy, pitiable, freezing faces and only charged us for one ticket when he realized we could have gotten a cheaper "family day pass" but forgot to ask for one.  Yay bus pity!

No comments:

Post a Comment