Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Pump up the Jam

Prior to moving to Hintonburg I was a member of a local fitness club. I would drive to my gym and go work out for about an hour about 3 times a week. But I dropped that pretty quickly after Margot was born as I found I just didn't have any time (and a bit narcissistic) to go "pump iron" while I left a squalling baby at home with Glosette Girl.

More recently though, I've found that I have a bit more time on my hands.  Also, the close proximity to various gyms/clubs means I don't have to drive anywhere. It's a short 10-minute jog to the gym or an even shorter 3 minute drive.

Of all the clubs in the area I chose Anytime Fitness, which is technically in the Civic hospital area. I like this one because I can go anytime (what a surprise given the name! You need an electronic key to go after a certain time in the evening), it's never that busy and it doesn't seem that pretentious (be honest - all fitness clubs are a tiny bit pretentious).


Other clubs in the area are Iron North Studio, Free Form Fitness, another Anytime Fitness location (in Wellingon West), Cross Fit Hintonburg, not to mention all the yoga and martial arts studios around here. Jeez, come to think of it, these things are really sprouting like weeds around here!

Anyways, my attendance goals are pretty low (2 times per week!) but so far so good. Which way to the beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment