Monday, August 19, 2019

Up and Down with My Girl

Lately, it's been tough with Margot sometimes. One moment she is happy as a lark, the next she is rolling her eyes and pushing back. I've definitely noticed a new willingness by her to stand her ground!

In the bigger picture, I suppose this is all just part of growing up. Kids aren't robots and it's not fair for me to expect Margot to do whatever I want without question. Questioning is good!

But I must admit that when she and I just have a chatterbox talk where she tells me what's on her mind and then we go play together - those are good days! This past Sunday Margot and I were supposed to do a little bike/jog combo (she bikes, I jog) but I foolishly forgot to bring her bike helmet. Although she was looking forward to going cycling, she rolled with the punches and decided to jog alongside me. We went far - 5 km, all told! I was definitely impressed.

Face of an Angel! What a tough cookie!
OK ok, I'll admit I bribed her a little bit with some Pokemon Go on the jog back. But no parenting technique is perfect!

Sunday was a great day. Today (Monday) was nice too. She's helping me put together a photo album of our recent trip. It's a whirlwind living with a nine year old, believe you me.

Hmmm why do I get the sense that parents with teenagers chuckling at my naivete?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment