Monday, April 27, 2020

Coronavirus in Hintonburg: Week Six - Communicating through Windows

One of the bright spots right now is all the nice window art that has appeared on neighbourhood houses since the current crisis began. Whether it's messages of support for first responders, pictures of rainbows or just cute images, these images offer a bit of colour to an otherwise grey season.

They come bilingual too!
I hope people don't mind the strange man taking photos of their windows...
It's not just here in Hintonburg either. This appears to be part of a Canadian, no global phenomena. Thank goodness for kids is all I can say. It's not just the window art either. Yes, working from  home is brutal at times. I feel guilt when I'm working that I'm not helping Margot learn enough and guilt when I'm teacher her that I'm not working hard enough. However, despite all the stress, without Margot's good cheer I think the current situation would be so much harder for me.

So keep on drawing kids!

I bee-lieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment