Thursday, August 27, 2020

Onlne ordering bonanza

It's absolutely crazy to think how much I've started ordering things online. Things that I would never have thought to purchase online before, like shoes, I now don't hesitate to buy off the Internet. Since March, Glosette Girl and I have ordered:

  1. Books
  2. A cool T-shirt from a local clothing boutique
  3. A video game
  4. Shoes (for me and for Margot)
  5. School uniform for Margot
  6. A toaster oven
  7. A kettle
  8. A new bookshelf
  9. Craft beer
  10. Car tire inflator
  11. Wine
  12. Camping supplies (lights, new tent)
  13. A slack line
  14. Gravel and a plastic pipe for a mini-construction project (ordered online but I had to pick up in person so maybe that doesn't count)
  15. A life jacket for Margot (ditto)
  16. Gifts (lots of books)

And probably lots more that I've forgotten!

As long as there is a good return policy, buying shoes online isn't so scary...

Glosette Girl has also discovered a social media group where you can obtain things for free locally. You have to pick it up, but hey, it's free!

I'm doing my best to buy from stores other than Amazon but it's not easy. I still do buy thing in "real" stores but when the experience isn't as carefree and enjoyable as it was before, it's a major disincentive. I do think neighbourhood stores will continue to exist, but what will be in them isn't so clear to me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment