Thursday, September 3, 2020

Hintonburg Food Trucks

I've noticed an uptick in food trucks in Hintonburg since we first moved in. I can think of three within spittin' distance from our house:

  • The Merry Dairy operates an ice cream one sometimes
  • Frenchie's chip wagon, a poutine and burger place
  • And most recently we went to Curb Appeal, another mostly fries truck, with a splattering of other moderately healthier options like...um... onion rings.

 

We went to Curb Appeal last week and I was fooled by the deceptively sized "large" fries. It didn't look so big so I ordered a large one for Glosette Girl, another large for Margot plus a poutine for me. We ate fries for days afterwards!

Food trucks have become a big hit in Ottawa in recent years. Although the ones around here are mostly standard fare, a little further afield you can find Thai, Mexican and other creative options - even Beaver Tails! It's kindof surprising consider how cold Ottawa can get but I guess it's just another example of how crazy (or desperate!) us Canadians can get.

Patio in January anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment