Monday, July 19, 2021

More Pizza? Yes Please! Joe's Italian Kitchen

If someone were to ask me what was the one good thing that came out of the pandemic in Ottawa I wouldn't hesitate to answer: patio culture!

We're back in the swing of things these days. A couple of weeks ago Glosette Girl, Margot and I tried Absinthe, which has opened up a hidden courtyard patio. More recently we visited Joe's Italian Kitchen.

I have to admit, my expectations weren't that high for good ol' Joe's. Maybe it's because the main thing on the menu is pizza and there's only so much you can do with pizza...or so I thought.

Unlike most pizza places in Ottawa, Joe's actually serves pinsa, not pizza. Pinsa dough is made with a blend of sourdough, rice, soy and wheat flour. And trust me when I tell you, it tastes amazing! It's lighter and fluffier than normal pizza dough, even thin crust pizza.

According to their website, Joe's Italian Kitchen (which operates a few restaurants in this area) is Canada’s first certified Pinsaria. And their desserts weren't too shabby either. In fact, after a small mistaken with Glosette Girl's order, they kindly gave us her dessert for free.

Free dessert? Yes, please!

Something that I also enjoyed about our experience was that we were able to take Margot. In the past we've been pretty limited in terms of what type of restaurants we think Margot will enjoy. Lately, however, we've thrown caution to the wind and are trying all sorts of new places. 

We're not quite ready for a 12-course meal at Atelier but we're making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment