Friday, August 13, 2021

Likes, Camera, Action!

After an eventful vacation, I was wondering what I would write about this week when life handed me a great blog topic: apparently a movie is being filmed just down the street at our local ice cream shop, Stella Luna!

There was noting out of the ordinary at Stella Luna yesterday but today there are several film trucks lined down the street, a Christmas tree in front of the store and film crew scrambling left, right and centre putting the production together. (Is it just me or do film crew people always look busy but edgy with a professional, but devil-may-care attitude?)

Film trucks just around the corner...

Except for the fact that it relates to Christmas, I have no idea what the movie is about. However, according to Stella Luna's facebook site, this has happened before! Back in 2019, the store was one of the location's for Hallmark's next made for TV Christmas Movie "Double Holiday".

...and a Christmas tree out front!

Hmmm, can you say, Double Holiday: the Sequel? Remind me to watch the 2019 movie sometime. Maybe I'm bumbling around the background without realizing it!

I wonder if all Christmas movies are recorded in the summer? Hmmm... I'm going to have to start paying closer attention to them because it currently feels like 40 degrees Celsius and if they are normally recorded at this time of year, perhaps I'll start noticing that all actors enjoying "winter" are sweating through their scenes!

No comments:

Post a Comment