Wednesday, November 3, 2021

The Sweet Suq

It's so lovely when something other than a Marijuana store opens up in this area (did I mention already that there are way too many of those around here?). A relatively recent addition to the 'hood is Le Suq, which seems to be a kindof a cross between a World Retail store, coffee shop, and Lebanese bakery. 

We stopped by recently and it had a friendly vibe. I saw my faves: Zaatar and Tabbouleh but on this mission we targeted Baklava, a pastry dessert made of filo pastry, filled with chopped nuts, and sweetened with syrup or honey (Glosette Girl and Margot are big fans).

Unfortunately Glosette Girl wasn't 100% impressed with Baklava (she found it a bit dry) but Margot did...so next time I'm going to have to try it to see what the final verdict is! 

B is for Bakery!

Baklava aside, anyone who is trying to bring character and personality to this neighbourhood has my vote and next time I'll try the Zaatar. A couple of years ago someone tried to open a Witches-themed cafe, but they didn't last a year. Le Suq has a better location (Gladstone and Parkdale) but even then I wonder if Le Suq will survive? We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment