Tuesday, November 30, 2021

The Last One on the List

So we ended up scoring a last minute COVID vaccine for Margot yesterday. We had planned to get it a week from now but our plans had to change and so, on a whim, I checked to see if there were any spots available and there were! So off we went and by 6 pm it was all done.

The entire experience felt so different in comparison to when I got vaccinated back in the spring. Back then, everyone was scrambling for vaccines and scouring the Internet for pharmacies that had extra shots to give away. I remember waiting by my computer so I could book my timeslot as soon as I was eligible.

This time, the announcement was made with a lot less fanfare and, like I said, it wasn't hard to make a same day booking. I guess getting shots is just another part of life now.

Margot was a real trooper though. She showed no fear (even if was scared on the inside a bit) and responded clearly to the nurse's questions. She was also really patient as we waited for the 15 minutes post-shot period to elapse to ensure she didn't have any side affects. Luckily, Monsieur Cell Phone was on hand to keep us amused!

"That's the Needle?!"

Margot is the last person (along with my nieces and nephew of course!) in my immediate circle to be vaccinated. Once she's fully up to speed the pandemic is going to feel a lot more abstract.  I guess that's a good problem!

OK she's not that keen - I made her pose!

No comments:

Post a Comment