Tuesday, November 16, 2021

We're All in this Together

OK this blog isn't supposed to be just about Margot but she is a huge part of my life so it's hard to avoid her - especially when she does all these brave things.

And when I say brave, I mean brave! Margot has been onstage more times in her short little life than I have in my 40 plus years!

What's Margot done?

Well, she's been in horse show competitions, choir shows, cross-country races, and dance shows (at private camps and at school). She's even tried out for the Nutcraker! When I was eleven I remember it being a nerve wracking experience to make a phone order for a pizza. And here she is trying out for a national ballet!

The funny thing is that we don't push her to do all this stuff. Since she was a little girl our only goal has been to expose her to a couple of activities at a time, and if she's not enjoying herself, to move on. Many of these activities have year end shows and Margot always seems to have a great time preparing for them. 

The latest one? Musical Theatre! 

 In addition to horseback riding, her only other activity right now is musical theatre with SOPAC, which offers musical training and education for all skill levels. This past weekend Margot performed We're All in this Together as part of a global event celebrating local theatre. Most of the performers were actually adults so it was really brave of Margot to get onstage and perform with her little troupe.

 
I wonder if part of the reason Margot is so brave is because she's an only child? She just always seems to be open to meeting new people and interacting with them. Regardless of the reason, I feel like a pleasantly bemused witness to her inner spirit. What will she do next?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment