Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Reasons to Move

There is so much that I love about my house, but if there is one thing I hate it is the street that I live on... in the winter. To clarify, I have nothing against the neighbours (who are nice) or the location (which is amazing) or even the general lack of trees (which is tolerable) on my street. I simply hate the snow - the piles and piles of snow.

There is just no place to shovel this stuff as my house, and all the other houses on the street, are older and built close to the sidewalk. That means as you shovel your driveway, or front entrance, you are forced to put the snow in the same places over and over again, meaning the snowbanks get higher and higher.  Just  thinking about the winter every year has me dreading about how many snowstorms could hit Ottawa.

It doesn't look like much but what's crazy is that almost all this snow came down in one 24-hour period!

I've laughed before how much snow I get compared to my family in Toronto and how really, if you live in Canada you have to learn to love snow. Very true. However, mark my words: the day I sell my house is the day I am sick and tired with all the shoveling!

It's not that hard to shovel, but it's definitely my #1 reason to move! Rounding out the rest of major reasons to move would be:

  1. Snow in winter (as mentioned).
  2. Old House Problems.
  3. Wanting more space - the call of the Canadian wild is always alluring.
  4. Wanting to be closer to Margot, wherever she ends up (not a problem for awhile, thankfully!)
  5. Just wanting to explore a different corner of the world.

Hmmm that's not that long a list. For now, I think we'll stay put. However, if the snow gods are listening to me, they'll go on holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment