Wednesday, January 19, 2022

The Soft Food Club

Introducing...Margot...the latest member of the braces club!

It took a little longer to schedule an appointment to install them then I first anticipated, as we ended up going with an orthodontist who is a bit further away from our neighbourhood but who had a great bedside manner and rapport (which Glosette Girl liked) and a lower fee (which I liked) but we got there in the end.

A challenge that I didn't anticipate was that Margot's teeth have been a bit sore this past week so she can only eat soft foods. I had braces when I was a kid but I had no recollection of this (all I could remember was the "no bubblegum" rule!). That means: no meat (too chewy), chips or nuts (too tough), or even lots of fresh fruit, like apples (too crunchy). So she doesn't feel left out we're all eating the same thing. 

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I had some dental surgery last week and I'm pretty much on the same diet as Margot. 

Panda examining the braces to make they are installed correctly

She's slowly getting to the point where she can start chewing again but mostly we've been eating a lot of coleslaws and finely chopped prepared salads (couscous salads, etc.), scrambled or soft boiled eggs, pudding, milkshakes, smoothies, jello and soups. Yummy stuff but it's going to be a great day when I can tuck into a juicy steak again!

No comments:

Post a Comment