Thursday, June 14, 2018

Spectacle de talents

So a lot of hard work went into two minutes of glory today at Margot's school: the Spectacle de talents!

This isn't your regular run of the mill event where every little kid gets to showcase their screechy violin abilities. No sir. You have to audition to get into the Spectacle de talents and they only let the best of the best get in. Only a few dozen kids get in.

Margot was the Captain of this Ship
Margot and four of her friends came up with a dance routine back in early May and got in. Eat your hearts out NAC! We don't need you!

What goes on in little girls minds? Is this fun? It fascinates me!
It's no Swan Lake but they came up with their own choreography here. Plus they made time to practise all by themselves - Glosette Girl and I barely helped at all (ok ok, on one weekend we made our house available for a rehearsal).

Rehearsal snap!
Haha in any case I think it takes a pretty cynical and grumpy sod not to smile at the results.


Ahh elementary school events. They keep the heart young.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Thank you for sharing this Simon, it does indeed put a smile on my face. And may I say (I can because I'm not her parent and I don't know the other kids) that Margot is the star ;) She looks so comfortable and relaxed and the other kids are clearly following her lead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so honoured that she wore her birthday gift during the performance!! 😍 😍 😍

    Could I love this girl more? NOPE! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I watched the video after posting the first comment...that was AWESOME!! I started grinning after about 10 seconds and couldn't stop. Love the energy of the song they picked! They got the crowd going too. Totally worthy of Eurovision :D

    ReplyDelete