Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Hello and Goodbye

Guess what? I gots me some new wheels!

Today, Glosette Girl, Margot and I are the proud owners of a Kia Rio 5 hatchback.

If anyone is proud it's probably the salesman!
Maybe "proud" is the wrong word - "Conflicted" might be more appropriate. Haha before you roll your eyes I am here to tell you one can get conflicted over a new car purchase! First, I'm a bit disappointed we didn't buy a hybrid or electric car. I try to live by my ideals and be a good citizen of the earth through activities like environmental cleanups and walking to work as much as possible, but when we did our research we found that the hybrid/electric cars in our price range weren't really  more fuel efficient than a normal car. So that was a bit of a letdown.

Second, I also feel a bit sad that in gaining our new car I am losing our 2005 Corolla, which Glosette Girl and I have had for 15 eventful years. In fact, the Corolla is the only car Glosette Girl and I have ever owned as we got it just after we got married. It's seen me through law school, living in New Brunswick, living in Quebec, racing to the hospital for Margot's birth, and thousands of kilometres of shorter day trip adventures. It definitely felt like it was part of our little Hintonburg family.

We have a thing for red.
By the end though, the clock didn't work, we had lost a few hubcaps, the car had a couple of big dents and we couldn't close the windows fully or we would smell fumes leaking into the car. Yikes. So it definitely has a date with the scrap yard. Still, I'll miss the ol' clunker.

Goodbye my friend! We won't forget you!

No comments:

Post a Comment