Thursday, March 31, 2022

Last Day (for now)

Believe it or not but today was my last day at my current job for a very long time. See, last year I scored an interesting opportunity to go on a Government interchange for a year and it starts tomorrow.

I'm super excited...but also nervous!

I rarely talk about work on this post (this blog post was a rare exception) but it's a huge part of my  identity. I've been at my current position since June 2012 and a lot of life has happened in that period. It's hard to remember everything that's happened since that time (although here's another old post that captures most of the key life events). To think I was only in my young thirties back then and now I'm firmly ensconced in middle age!

Because I knew I was leaving a few months ago I've kindof been experiencing a long goodbye. That made the actual leaving today simultaneously anti-climatic, but also poignant. 

When I left the office at noon I was holding a copy of my degree, my work shoes, and a bag of knick-knacks. Haha to a passerby I probably looked like I had been kicked out of the building! The smile on my face would have probably thrown them off though.

Into the unknown...

Because my interchange is only for one-year I'm not saying goodbye to my current position as much as "see you later". Still, I can't help but feeling that one chapter in my life has ended and another is beginning. 

Will it be good, bad or ugly?  Regardless I hope the experience will give me a fresh perspective on where I am, and where I want to go. One thing's for sure, it's going to be an adventure.

1 comment:

  1. You will be great Simon ,as you always are'
    this post gives quite an insight into your feelings, Adventures are always worth going on.

    ReplyDelete